Water is such a vital part of a healthy body! There’s lots of benefits to drinking water!!
- Increases brain power and provides energy – I think this is the most important because we need to be able to focus and have energy to be successful!
- Promotes healthy weight management and weight loss – ding, ding, ding!! We may be on to something here!
- Flush out toxins – this in turn helps us to feel better and our bodies to work more efficiently.
- Improves complexion – who doesn’t want clearer looking skin?
- Maintains regularity – this will help you to feel less bloated and full.
- Boosts immune system – which is something we all need!
- Prevents headaches and cramping – love this about water!!
With all of these benefits (and I’m sure, these aren’t all of them), who wouldn’t want to increase their water intake? It’s such an easy way to a better health!
So how much should you be drinking each day? More than what you are drinking right now!! A goal should be to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces each day. Sound hard? You can do it! Here’s some easy ways to increase your water intake, especially if you are the one that says “I don’t like water”.
- Add enhancers to your water – lemon, lime, cucumber, mint
- Infuse water with whole pieces of fruit – berries, mango, watermelon are great options
- Drink at least 16 ounces of water before you put anything else in your mouth!
- Use a straw!! How easy is this? A straw helps you drink more without even thinking about it!