What is great about this recipe, is that you can use any veggie that you absolutely love! You could also use those veggies that you don’t particularly care for and see if you like them cooked this way. Chances are, you will love whatever veggie you roast in the oven! Roasting brings out the flavor of the veggies and I would rather prepare them this way than boiling or steaming!
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (any color!)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic minced (or 1 Tablespoon jarred minced garlic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray liner with olive oil spray. Add veggies to the pan and spray tops of veggies with olive oil spray.
- Add seasonings evenly and toss veggies to coat well.
- Spread into even layer. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Some variations… Add cherry tomatoes after the first 15-20 minutes of cook time. Roast 10 minutes longer. You can try any seasonings that you prefer. I often use garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes and occasionally I will use Chupacabra seasoning…