- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins (or protein of choice)
- 3 large limes, juiced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Optional – Cilantro for garnish
1. Place juice of two limes in baggie.
2. Combine oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and minced garlic and set aside 1 tablespoon for later.
3. Season chicken with remaining spices.
4. Place chicken in the baggie with the lime juice. Marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. While chicken is marinating, slice veggies and place them on a sheet pan covered with foil or parchment paper.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of reserved spices to the veggies.
8. Lightly spray olive oil over the veggies and toss lightly to coat.
9. Remove chicken from marinade and place next to the veggies on the sheet pan.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and squeeze half of a lime over the sheet pan and garnish with cilantro. Serve with tortillas or rice for lunch Serve over salad or cauli-rice for dinner. Serves 4.