There are many great foods that will keep your heart healthy and your waistline styling! These foods can help reduce your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Here are some food items that will keep you styling your heart!
- Fish that are high in omega-3 – examples: salmon, tuna, mackerel, trout
- Healthy nuts such as almonds and walnuts, but make sure you watch the serving size! Too much of a good thing can be bad for you!
- Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, & cranberries are loaded with phytonutrients that are good for your heart!
- Flaxseeds contain omega-3s as well as fiber.
- Oatmeal – try and find some without added sugar. I like the quick oats plain and you can add your own seasonings… a touch of cinnamon and vanilla!
- Dark beans are high in fiber, B vitamins and minerals – Try kidney or black beans.
- RED WINE!! Yay! I love drinking red wine for this reason…Plus I just love it! But watch the serving size! 4 ounce glass once a day for women and twice a day for men is enough to help improve the good cholesterol levels.
- Variety of colors – red, yellow and orange veggies are packed with carotenoids, fiber and vitamins – try carrots, sweet potatoes and red peppers!
- Dark chocolate… Another one of my faves! Be sure to find those with at least 70% cocoa.
What are you going to do to try and style your heart?
To join my mailing list to receive free recipes and nutrition tips, click here. You will also receive a free Ebook just for signing up!