Water is so important to being healthy! So many people talk about not having the energy or they just don’t feel good. A lot of times its because they are dehydrated. So, let’s discuss the benefits of making sure you are getting adequate amounts of water throughout the day.
- Increases brain power and provides energy – This is the most important because we need to be able to focus and have the energy to be successful!
- Promotes healthy weight management and weight loss. Did you catch that???
- Flush out toxins and helps us to feel better and our bodies to work more efficiently.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Maintains regularity to help you feel less bloated and full.
- Supports your immune system – which is something we all need!
- Prevents headaches and cramping.
How much do you need?
One rule of thumb is to take your weight and divide it by two. This will give you what you should be drinking at minimum in ounces. For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, you would divide 200 by 2 and get 100 ounces. If you need help figuring out your minimum, please let me know and we can do the calculation together.
Now, remember, this is just a minimum. The more water you drink, the more weight you will lose. Also, if you are exercising or it’s overly hot outside and you are sweating, you will definitely need to drink more water than your minimum.
You may be wondering how in the world will you be able to drink that much. Well, I have an easy tip! Drink at least 16 ounces of water before you put anything in your mouth! If you do this, you will for sure drink your minimum in no time!
You can also flavor your water. I like to call it “spa water” because you can find these fancy waters at beauty spas. These waters are also considered functional waters because you are adding healthy ingredients that have so many benefits.
To get more information about spa waters click here.
And also check out my post about hydration to get more information.